This Week I Hate

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Work

It was perhaps inevitable that 'work' would feature here at some point. I won't go into the many and varied reasons why I hate work. This week I hate it because of the time it takes away from me. I've got stuff to do, you know? A bit of Christmas shopping, a nice couple of guitar fixing projects that I'd like to be getting on with, some of my other, more enjoyable, 'work' that has built up and needs attending to. But I haven't got much time to do all this because I have to be at work for more hours in a day than I spend out of work (apart from sleeping).

So what to do? Cut down my sleeping hours? Errr...no. Cut down work hours? Now there's a thought. But then I wouldn't earn enough to support what I do in my non-work hours. The roundabout of life, I guess. It's Christmas though, so I don't have much hate this week. I'll save it for the New Year.

2 Comments:

  • Not to rub it in or anything, but I'm at 'full time' college with a 4 day weekend. Now that's what I call a timetable!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 pm  

  • Hey, I gave up work so I could be a part-time parent and part-time student. I'm shit-poor but so what?

    It's really easy to do.

    Just come home from work one day and say to whoever you live with (or yourself in the mirror if you live alone) -
    "I'm not doing this anymore".
    Then sit down and write your resignation letter.
    Put it in an envelope.
    Then go to bed.
    Get up in the morning, look at the the envelope.
    As you leave for work, put it in your pocket.
    When you arrive at work, hand it to the relevant person.

    Then have a cup of tea.

    Ta da!
    Your life has just changed for the better.
    And you are the one who changed it.

    Merry Christmas!

    By Blogger The Great Blandini, at 6:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home