This Week I Hate

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Permanent 'Open' Signs

Driving around unfamiliar territory in a car running on the last of the fumes is a nervy enough experience, made all the worse by people who put up signs like this:

SHOP - PETROL - 100 YARDS LEFT - OPEN!

Who, I discover, after a sigh of relief and a left turn off of a busy road, aren't bloody open at all. Ok, so it was Bank Holiday Monday and, no, I didn't expect every petrol place to be open, especially in the back of the back of beyond, as we were, but I also didn't expect them to put up signs that were fucking lying.

That wasn't the only one I encountered over the last week or so, on holiday. In fact, when I think about it, they're everywhere.

Hand Car Wash - Open! Cafe - Open! Open for food and drink!

Open 24 hours a day, are you? Every day of the year? No? Change the fucking sign then you tedious cunt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home