This Week I Hate

Monday, April 10, 2006

Mundane Monday

I read an article the other week about an author who, when he was an 'aspiring writer', went to a prostitute and paid for sex (not that you do anything else with prostitutes, I suppose). His explanation was that he was bored and wanted something to happen to him. He wanted some inspiration for his writing and some excitement in his life.

That's how I feel today. It's how I feel a lot of Mondays. Not like going to a prostitute, you understand. I just want something different to happen. I want some excitement in my life, something inspiring.

It's funny though because today hasn't been that bad, as days go. Two things of particular note have happened:

1. A pigeon flew into my head;
2. I saw a man who looked an awful lot like a monkey.

On any other day that might be enough for me - the day could end right there and I would be content. Not today, though. I want more. Much more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home